Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Festivites


I have never been one to "celebrate" Halloween or get really excited about it, BUT I didn't want to pass that attitude down to my kids. I want every holiday to be fun and have traditions that my kids remember and get excited about......SO, this year being that this was Maci's first Halloween, we started a few traditions in the Jones' household. Eric and I had soooo much fun reliving kid-like activities and watching our little daughter enjoy herself.

Enjoying fresh fall fruit




Making Halloween Sugar Cookies

Halloween pumpkins from our garden--We will do this EVERY year. It was so fun to have homegrown pumpkins!

Halloween Morning pancakes

Maci sharing her FIRST pancake with mommy--Oh, and check out the jammies! They are skelton ones that glow in the dark!!! Way cool, huh?! hehe

Carving pumpkins with Daddy

The finished product!

My first Halloween!!!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY CUTE! for someone who has never really gotten excited about halloween, you guys went all out! so fun. love the pictures.

Kris said...

Very cute! I love the pancakes - I should try that next year. I can't wait to have a house again so I can plant pumpkins! I bought some co-ordinating Halloween t-shirts and a romper on clearance for next year. Can't wait to take pictures of all FOUR of them!

Kris said...

So are you going to call her Addy? I think it is so ironic, but Morgan's two good friends (and one is a cousin) from Crawfordsville are Macie and Ady! Too funny! And Ady's last name is Morgan! I was wondering if Callie was a name you had ever thought of using. I have fond memories of GGma Smith, except for when I dropped a heavy patio chair on her shin! I still feel horrible about that! Maybe by naming one of my girls after her she will forgive me. ;) Hope you are doing well and feeling OK. I'm sure Maci is helping you spend what little energy you probably have! :) Can't wait to hear from you!