Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cannon Beach

Eric and I joke all of the time that he doesn't surprise me very often and that I am ALWAYS hinting about how I would LOVE to be surprised about anything or with anything--I am not picky!  Well, we have been wanting to take a weekend trip to the coast for quite sometime and so for my birthday Eric SURPRISED me with a trip to the beach.  We stayed in a beautiful Lodge hotel right on the beach.  


This was the view outside of our room.  The rock is called "Haystack Rock".  It is huge!!

Us looking down at Cannon Beach








Eric spent a lot of time on the beach flying is trick kite


Of course, it wouldn't be right if I didn't take a picture of myself :)







We had a wonderful time taking hikes, enjoying the breathtaking views, eating wonderful food, and spending time with each other.  Eric is off the hook for awhile and doesn't have to surprise me for a little while!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! Someday I would LOVE to take a trip to the Pacific coast!!! Kent isn't very good at surprising me either, and not to put him down, but sometimes when he DOES surprise me it isn't really what I would want, but its the thought that counts, right? :) I pretty much have to tell him exactly what I want (maybe I'm just too picky!), but that's how it is with most guys, right - GOOD COMMUNICATION works best! :)