Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My inquiring mind would like to know.......

I often have questions that I would love to hear other people's views or ideas on. I am not for sure who my followers are or if I have any :), but I thought I would throw some questions out that I have been thinking about lately. Let me know what you think..

1. Our 1st year anniversary is coming up. What are some really fun ways to celebrate this occasion that are not elaborate or expensive? What is a good "guy" gift to give? I am clueless!

2. Does nesting consist of a lot of baking? I have been baking EVERY weekend for the past month. I have never done that or had the urge to do so. If it does, what were your favorite things to bake or cook?

3. What is a special thing to do with the birth of your first child? I had a thought of Eric and I writing her letters and having her read them when she is 16 or 18 about our thoughts and hopes and feelings of when she was born. Is that cheesy?

4. Does anyone feel overwhelmed with pictures and getting them up in your house, but presenting them in a decorative way? I am SO stressed out about that for some reason. I have so many great pictures to put up and a huge wall to do it with, but I have no idea how to make it look good.

5. Do you fix the same things for dinner every week? We do. With a child coming into our home, how do you find time to mix it up and still eat healthy? Casseroles, I know, are convenient, but usually packed with fat. Any ideas?

Ok, I think I am done for now. Maybe I will make this a weekly ritual. Just maybe someone out there has these same questions and I am not the only one :) Have a great rest of the week everyone! xoxo

1 comment:

Mags said...

Wow! I'd like to get some answers to some of these questions, too, but here's my two cents:

1. I am the worst at thinking of gift ideas, and Shawn is the hardest person to shop for because he's not really into stuff, so i have to think of fun activities or something out of the box to do or give. I'm at a loss with this one, too. Has it really been a year? WOW!!

2. I have had the urge to do some crazy things when I'm pregnant. It's like you're mind convinces you that you have a limited amount of time to get things done, and you become obsessed with accomplishing it all before the baby comes. I wish baking would be one of them, I always feel like cleaning. But I'm really into anything pumpkin right now and I have some yummy pumpkin cookie, bread and muffin recipes if you want them.

3. I think the letter idea is really special. My mom wrote us a letter every year on our birthday until we were 18 and then gave it to us when we graduated. We had no idea, and it has been such a treasure to read them over the years.

4. I HATE hanging pictures in my house because I'm so paranoid it will look cheesy. I know you can find templates on line on how to hang a collage of pictures and it looks really classy. I think it helps to have them all in similar frames, either all the same, or at least similar colors. I like that eclectic look.

5. Dinner is tricky because sometimes kids only want to eat the same thing over and over again for weeks. It's good to get them used to whatever you eat but they all go through picky stages. We can start exchanging recipes if you need ideas. If you introduce healthy foods from the beginning your kids won't know any different.

I can't wait to see your baby!! How much longer? Call me sometime and let me know how you're feeling-love ya!