Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Festivities

I can't believe how fast October went by! Fall has come and is leaving us swiftly, fall/winter clothes are replacing all of my short sleeve and SKINNY clothes, and pumpkin patches, Halloween festivities have come and gone! Whew! I am exhausted and the two main holidays plus our one year anniversary haven't any started :)

We are fortunate to live in the city where the Roloff's live that are featured in Little People, Big World. We went with some friends this year to their pumpkin patch. It was so fun! My friend and I were so celebrity shocked--I never took my camera off my neck, in case I saw one of them. We were actually fortunate to park right in front of their house AND see all of the boys. The oldest son/twin was so nice when I asked for a picture. He was actually working--changing the garbage cans. Overall, we were SO impressed with how down to earth they were and so trusting--we parked literally RIGHT in front of their house. I took pictures to prove it :)

The Roloff House
Chantell, Evan and I with Jeremey (the oldest Roloff)

The Wilsey Family and me in front of the Roloff House

The youngest Roloff kid

Eric and I waited until Halloween this year to carve our pumpkins. I was just in the mood this year to carve pumpkins for some reason, but thanks to my ever persistent and great attitude husband, we finished at 5:30 pm Halloween night. We always carve two for our cats too. Next year though that tradition gets thrown out the window. We will have a child that will take their place :) I think we did pretty good under the circumstances of time. Since last year and the discovery of green pumpkins, he is hooked on only getting a green pumpkin for himself. The "Boo" one is mine. I thought it was pretty cool, not at all Martha Stewart-ish, but it was going to have to work this year :) Hope all of you had a great Halloween.


No comments: