Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year....Here's to "finding meaning" in all things

2010--What can I say? This is going to be one heck of a start to a new decade. I can't believe how fast this past 10 years have flown! I have been in WA now for all of that time and I couldn't be happier at this very moment. I have been reflecting this past couple of days and feeling so blessed. Around us, the world seems to be in quite deseray, BUT my life, is perfect. Sure, there has and will always be ups and downs, but I truely believe it is how we look at them and work through them that affects are attitudes about our life. LIFE is about learning, growing, loving, hurting, caring, sharing, and the list goes on. With my Grandma's passing, I have thought about her life and the LONG life that she lived. She had a wonderful life--hard, I am sure at times, but VERY fruitful. She had a mother and father that raised her wonderfully, married a strong, hard working man who then together were extroadinary parents to 3 beatiful people. Those beautiful individuals passed on those blessing to know one of many Grandchildren--ME:) I feel so honored to become a parent this year. What a gift Eric and I will be given this year. I want to lead a legacy that one day, my Granddaughter will look back and admire and cherish! I am going to challenge myself this year because I know this year will be "challenging" to FIND MEANING IN ALL THINGS. Our little family will hopefully be going through some changes that Eric and I are praying so desperately for. They may or may not work out as we want them, but we are, as a family, going to try to "find meaning in all things". Everythign we do and the outcome has purpse and "means" something. I look back at certain obstacles that have been placed in my life and even Eric's. As we talked about them in hindsighth--we have found meaning in those and have gain respect for God's plan and why those paths were a little quarky and hard at times. The meaning may not always be the outcome that we want, BUT we will remind ourselves that it is what we "need or will see the meaning in later".

I hope that EVERYONE has a "meaningful" 2010. I cherish each one of you and grateful that you are in my life. Cheers!
HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Jones'

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yes, I definitely have come to realize that everything (well at least the most important things in life) happen for a reason, or in a certain order. Especially now with so much change going on with us. I have to just remember that we are being watched out for and guided and even if we don't know or understand why things happen, they are all for our learning and our good. I'm so excited to see pictures of little Maci! I know what I'm giving you guys as a present, but I haven't been able to put it together yet. Good luck in the last few weeks of your pregnancy! I missed seeing you at the funeral, but am excited to see you when you come out to Indiana!

Cameron and Cindy said...

I love you Beth and MISS MISS MISS you! Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You look beautiful as always!! Stay in touch!