Saturday, January 2, 2010

Grandma vonHarten


Christmas was bitter sweet this year. Sweet in the fact, that Eric and I were able to spend our first Xmas together in our house. Because I am 9 months pregnant we didn't feel comfortable having me travel anywhere far, so everyone came to us. It was so nice not to have to spend half our time in a car! The Bitter part of Xmas was that morning I received a call from my family that my Grandma had just past away. As much as we had prepared ourselves that Grandma was ailing and hadn't been doing too well over the past couple of months, it was still so very hard. I was so fortunate enough to grow up with my Grandma and have her in so many of my memories. She has always been of comfort to me and taught me so much. The pictures above was two years ago--the last time I saw her. I am so glad that she isn't suffering anymore, but my heart aches that I wasn't able to see her before she said goodbye to this mortal earth. I LOVE you Grandma and know you are so happy to see Grandpa. He has been waiting patiently for you.

No comments: